Root Canal Post Treatment Care
The following are important notes for dental patients who have had any work done on their teeth.
- Do not eat anything, and do not drink anything hot, until numbness wears off. This will prevent you from biting your cheek or tongue or burning your mouth.
- Avoid chewing at that tooth until it is completely restored by your dentist.
- Be sure to floss and brush normally.
- If the opening in your tooth was restored with a temporary filling material, it is not unusual for a thin layer to wear off in-between appointments. However, if you think the entire filling has come out, contact us.
Contact us right away if you develop any of the following:
- A visible swelling inside or outside of your mouth
- An allergic reaction to medication, including rash, hives or itching (nausea is not an allergic reaction)
- A return of original symptoms
- Your bite feels uneven.