Digital Radiovisiography is the latest X-ray technology in dentistry. It utilizes special software designed for image clarity and analysis. In most cases, this technology is preferred over traditional X-ray. Advantages to using a Digital Radiovisiograph include:
- Patient has less exposure to radiation
- Images appear immediately, without the need for film and development
- Safe to use with children due to low radiation
- Allows patient to see the problem and understand the diagnosis
- Images are adjustable for better clarity
- Images can be easily saved and shared with other professionals
New generations of digital radiovisiography and affordable 3-D dental scans are making diagnosis significantly more precise.